Date: 20 July 2012 (Friday)
Time: 16:30 – 17:15
Venue: Room 17610
As part of “taking stock” of where Internet Governance issues are at in the Asia Pacific region, this session allows for very brief updates from local in-country and sub-regional IGF events, highlighting what are the 3 or 4 major issues confronting the country, territory or sub-region. From these summaries, and gathering the main issues arising from the APrIGF, this should provide us with workshop and session ideas for future global IGFs.
Chair/Moderator – Mr. Keith Davidson, International Director of InternetNZ
Reporting in, 4 minutes each:
1. Japan IGF – Mr. Masanobu Katoh (Japan IGF Chair)
2. Arab IGF – Mr. Quasi Al-Shatti (Arab MAG) [remote participation]
3. Australian IGF – Ms Cheryl Langdon-Orr (Aus IGF Organising Ctte)
4. Bangladesh IGF – M. A. Haque Anu, Secretary General [remote participation]4.
5. Pacific IGF – Ms. Maureen Hilyard (PICISOC Chair)
6. Pakistan IGF – Mr. Imran Ahmed Shah (Pakistan IGF) [Remote Participation]
7. Korea IGF – Prof Y J Park
8. New Zealand IGF – Mr. Keith Davison (Nethui organiser)