Date: 18 July 2012 (Wednesday)
Time: 16:30 – 18:00
Venue: Room 17606, 6th Floor, Building No.17, Aoyama Campus, Aoyama Gakuin University
Introduction of Many New gTLDs bring multi-faceted impact to the Internet and DNS ecosystem:
1. Commercial / Economical Impact of New gTLDs: IPR Community, Domain Investment, Search Engines & other Internet Services
2. Social / Developmental Impacts of New gTLDs: Community & IDN gTLDs, and beneficiary communities
3. Impact on Internet Governance at ICANN: Governance Challenges ahead, multistakeholder model, funding and development
The panel will discuss the impact and challenges of the introduction of many new gTLDs within a relatively short period of time to the domain industry, the governance at ICANN and implications to other parts of the Internet ecosystem.
Moderator – Mr. Edmon Chung, CEO, DotAsia Organisation
- Mr. Atsushi Endo, .jprs
- Mr. Hirokatsu Ohigashi, .tokyo
- Mr. Rafik Dammak, JAS WG co-chair; GNSO Councilor
- Mr. Sébastien Bachollet, Board Member, ICANN
- Ms. Cheryl Langdon-Orr, ALAC, ICANN
- Mr. Lucas Vall, Brights Consulting Inc.